After your non-location type hierarchy nodes have been added, you will be ready to add your location nodes.
To add a location node, click through the hierarchy to expand the branch until you get to the node that will be the parent for the location you are adding.
Click on the + to create your location node.
In the Create Node interface:
- Enter the Name of your node.
- A system-generated value is entered in the Client Code field; you can leave it as is, or you can use this field to enter a unique alpha-numeric ID for the node. E.g. a Location ID could be entered when you are creating a location node.
- Toggle the Location Node? setting to Yes.
- Enter the location address details.
- If available, enter the location phone number.
- The Location Status will automatically be set as open; you can change this to closed if the location is temporarily or permanently closed at any time in the future.
Locations marked as closed will not appear in the location list in the Create Audit feature in IntouchCheck, will not be included when scheduled audits are generated, and will not appear in the Location element when respondents are completing a survey.
- The Hierarchy Node field will be pre-populated with the parent node you clicked on when creating the node. If the node you are creating should be added under a different parent node in your hierarchy, you can change this.
When the node details have been entered, click on Create.
After you have created the node, the details will be displayed in the right-hand side of the interface, where you can edit any of the values you've already entered.
If you update the node details, click on Save.
Relate Users, Tags, & Attributes
- After you have set up your users, you can add individuals to the node by clicking on the Users tab and searching for/selecting the users.
- When applicable, click on the Tags tab to add tags to the node, if they have been created.
- Click on the Attributes tab to add a Custom attribute or Location ID attribute to your node.
Changes to the users, tags, and attributes will save immediately. You do not need to save the node for these updates.
You can edit a node at a later time to add/update the users, tags and attributes, or to update other details. The only exception is the Location Node? toggle; if this was set to Yes when the node was created, it cannot be changed.
Simply click on the node in your hierarchy structure to open the editing interface.