What are groups?
In the most basic form, a group is a collection of users that have something in common (a role within your organization, a desire to receive a notification, etc). Users can belong to one or more groups.
How are groups used?
Groups are used for multiple purposes across the Intouch suite of products, primarily to:
- Provide user(s) with access to a product so that they can:
- View the data from these products in Intelligence (if Intelligence access is provided)
- Perform audits and action followups (the IntouchCheck product only)
- Provide additional permissions to user(s):
- Admin users are given ALL permissions by default
- Groups of users can be given specific permissions based
- Restrict checklist access to specific users to perform audits (IntouchCheck)
- Checklist settings allow checklists to be restricted to one or more groups
- Provide access to shared Dashboards/Records lists/Filters (IntouchIntelligence)
- Access to custom dashboards, records lists, and saved filters can be private, public, or shared with specific users or groups
- Send dashboards or records list subscription emails to users (IntouchIntelligence)
- Subscriptions to custom dashboards and records lists can be created to send emails to the creator, and/or specific users or groups
- Send individual 'Trigger' notifications to users based on an event occurring
- For example, every time a Survey is submitted from a detractor, email a group of users.
How do I create and manage groups?
While there are opportunities for admin users to create groups throughout the product, groups can be centrally created and managed under 'Account settings'.
Within Account Settings, you can create/update and remove groups by navigating to Organization Settings -> Groups.